E-ProDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the location where verification can be housed for districts using the E-ProDev plan as outlined in the publication

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Techie Tidbit Responses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff

Techie Tidbit Responses Empty
PostSubject: Techie Tidbit Responses   Techie Tidbit Responses EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 am

1. I foresee a number of useful purposes for Google docs. As the entire Social Studies Department continues to refine the K-12 curriculum between 10 schools, this will certainly improve collaboration.

2. There is some degree of fear among educators about using anything that might hint of cloud computing or the ability to physically control saved documents. Some distrust of using the web still exists among some of the more reactionary members of the staff.

3. If the angles that "ease of use" and "improving ability to work together" to achieve common goals isn't enough, then it may be time to consider other walks of life. Those of us who in the old days labored with unit plans and entire curricula numbering scores of pages are quite thankful for advances in the Digital Age.

4. I've been using Docs for some time to coordinate statewide efforts for the Department of Education. I think that in the case of the school district for which I am working, it will come down to universal exposure to the ease of use of Google docs.
Back to top Go down

Techie Tidbit Responses
Page 1 of 1