E-ProDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the location where verification can be housed for districts using the E-ProDev plan as outlined in the publication

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Open Office--Techie Tidbit Reflection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jkobialka

Open Office--Techie Tidbit Reflection Empty
PostSubject: Open Office--Techie Tidbit Reflection   Open Office--Techie Tidbit Reflection EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:59 am

Question 1:

One of the Techie Tidbit that I find will be most helpful is “Open Office”. Open Office would help eliminate the cost of purchasing and updating the Microsoft package. It would also allow parents, faculty, and others with different processors to open all documents.

Question 2:

One of the road blocks to using this technology is the necessity to have the internet to use this material. Some of the classrooms in my school do not have internet access yet. Also, many of the student computers in the classroom are not hooked up to the internet as well. Another road block is the need to help people become familiar and comfortable using this program. Students, faculty, and parents may be unfamiliar with the program and how to use it.

Question 3:

A simple solution would be to get internet into all the classroom and computers within our school. We live in the day and age when technology is not an added bonus but a necessity. Teachers need to have access to the internet in order to meet the educational needs of their students. Parents/students may also face the challenge of not having internet or a computer at home. Having computers available in a lab or designated area with this program on it would allow those in the community and school to have access to the program. Partnering with local libraries and other community resources to allow parents/students to use computers and the internet could also be beneficial.

In order for the program to be most successful those using it must feel comfortable and confident using it. Therefore, offering training and support for the program will help encourage the use of it.

Question 4:
In order to use this program I need to become more familiar with how it works and what it offers. Interacting with it and trying out different aspects of the program would help build my confidence and knowledge of what Open Office can do for me. Finding someone who is familiar with the program who can give me some insight, tips, and pointers would also help me use this piece of technology to its greatest potential.
Back to top Go down

Open Office--Techie Tidbit Reflection
Page 1 of 1