E-ProDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the location where verification can be housed for districts using the E-ProDev plan as outlined in the publication

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Techie Tidbit Reflection: Google Books

Go down 
AuthorMessage
quinnm5

Techie Tidbit Reflection: Google Books Empty
PostSubject: Techie Tidbit Reflection: Google Books   Techie Tidbit Reflection: Google Books EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:55 am

Select one Techie Tidbit from the Powerpoint Presentation. Answer the following reflection questions on this tidbit on the Tidbit Forum link below. Click on the link below to go to this site or type in the following:

QUESTION 1: After learning about this Techie Tidbit, how do you see it being used within a classroom?

QUESTION 2: What do you see as the road blocks to using this Techie Tidbit?

QUESTION 3: How can you bring down those road blocks so that you can utilize this Techie Tidbit?

QUESTION 4: What do you feel you need to learn in order to be able to use this Techie Tidbit effectively?

There were a number of incredibly useful etools introduced today! One that is especially interesting is Google Books. Withing a classroom, could see it being used as a way of trying out picture books for read-alouds in an elementary classroom on the promethean board. Teachers can annotate right on the text and all students can see the text. Since you don't need to pay for the book, it is an excellent way of trying out a text before purchasing for teachers.

In my role as a curriculum leader, and later as a building principal, it would be a great way to share pertinent articles that I want teachers in different buildings to have access to prior to a meeting or training.

Roadblocks may be that teachers fall all along the continuum in terms of their comfort with technology. I would want to spend some time at a meeting with all staff to give them an opportunity to preview and practice using Google Books before any expectation of them using it.

I would also need to spend some time exploring this in greater detail so that I can access all the pertinent features, then find the best way to share it with staff members.
Back to top Go down

Techie Tidbit Reflection: Google Books
Page 1 of 1